A residential property owner contacted Spruce Up Tree Care for professional tree services in Memphis, Tennessee to handle a red oak tree after a merciless ice storm. The impressive specimen badly needed deadwood removal, tree trimming, and pruning. One large dead branch seemed precarious, and the resident feared building damages or worse if it came down.
Project Summary: Tree Pruning in Memphis, TN
- Client profile: Residential
- Location: Memphis, Tennessee – Shelby County
- Type of service: Tree trimming, pruning, deadwood removal
- Duration: 6 hours
- Tree type: Red oak
- Tree size: 50 feet in height and 40 inches in diameter at the trunk’s base.
- Equipment: Bucket truck, three-man crew, chipper truck
- Service frequency: One-time project
- Season: Winter, ice storm damage
- Client preferences: The customer requested pruning and deadwood removal for safety
- Specific challenges: Red oak tree in Memphis needed trimming and pruning to eliminate damaged limbs and deadwood in a fenced-in backyard
Service Details: Deadwood Removal and Pruning
Seasonal tree trimming protects any tree’s health, no matter the species. Getting the timing right makes the tree less susceptible to disease. Dead tree branches weaken the overall structure, so removing them also keeps the surrounding property safe.
Step One: Measured Cuts
Trimming improves the tree’s appearance, whereas pruning targets sickly or broken branches that could drain a tree of nutrients and water. These services have different purposes. This red oak required mainly pruning at this time.
Step Two: Deadwood Removal
Deadwood removal requires identifying where a branch died and completely scraping out the dead material. In this case, frigid temperatures and ice killed a few of the red oak’s branches.
Memphis Tree Service: Challenges
The ice storm in Memphis endangered this mature red oak tree on a residential property. The otherwise healthy tree had sprawling branches. It stood 50 feet tall, and the fence limited our access to the crown.
Red Oak Rescue: Proposed Solutions
With a bucket truck getting the team into hard-to-reach areas, the pruning team accessed the oak’s crown. Upon eliminating the dead wood, the chipper tidied up. The team left the beautified red oak safely restored and ready for spring in Memphis.
The Spruce Up Tree Care team and client reported a successful end to this particular red oak cleanup in Memphis, Tennessee, with similar results for other deadwood removal, tree trimming, and pruning projects in the area.